Project “Inclusive Digital Education – a Tool to Understand Circular Economy” focuses on the topics of Circular Economy and circular business models and will help HEI to implement digital education solution into their curricula.
The project will develop an innovative, asymmetrical online course on Circular Economy //Green Business theme and it will strive to improve digital pedagogical competences of educators, enabling them to deliver high quality interactive digital education
The project will achieve the above listed overall results in the following way:
1) Project will develop an E-Learning Course “DiGiTOOL_to_CE” consisting of 5 modules, for circular economy and circular business models. It will be asymmetric online course, which will be executable completely independently from the lectors within set deadlines.
Asymmetric online courses have two main advantages:
a) flexibility to learners to study in time and place which is for them the most appropriate (especially important in cases when students do not have access to internet, necessary hardware or free private room).
b) set the most appropriate pace of the learning – one can go through and review materials as much as need to. Quick learners can power through materials and units quickly and use time for other reasons, if it takes for somebody longer to absorb new knowledge, one can review information, take notes, and practice retention without worrying about falling behind classmates or missing key points in a lecture (this issue can be of extreme importance when disabled persons take the course);
“DiGiTOOL to CE” will consist of 5 different thematic MODULES each having 3 advancement levels of study:
1) Overall about circular economy
5) Circular business models, innovation, investment
“DiGiTOOL to CE” will be assessable in two different ways – either as a whole elective study course (“C course”) allowing to obtain up to 3 ECTS credit points or as each of 15 parts will be independent it can be part of blended study courses. For example, in the study course of Marketing module of “Consumption” can be an additional online study material, making the overall “Marketing” course a blended one.
E-course will be developed with modern authoring tool (e.g., Adobe Captivate or similar) which are covered with creative and catching templates that are supported with several Learning Management Systems (e.g. Moodle or html) and supports SCORM (tracks, for example, how did students answered to quizzes and tests, did the user really took the whole e-learning course, how much time it took, etc. which are important factors to become an elective course and receive ECTS credit points.
2) The project will develop an electronic tutorial “DiGi MENTOR” of how to plan, develop and run asymmetric courses in Higher Education institutions (like DiGiTOOL to CE”). This tutorial it self will be as an e-learning module and will strive to improve digital pedagogical competences of educators, enabling them to deliver high quality interactive digital education. In development of this tutorial, partners will take into account all the experience they will have while developing e-learning modules for CE course.
DiGiTOOL_to_CE will have the following OBJECTIVES:
1) To develop an innovative, asymmetrical online course on Circular Economy //Green Business theme;
2) To improve digital pedagogical competences of educators, enabling them to deliver high quality inclusive digital education
Direct TARGET GROUPS of the project will be:
1) Students of higher education institutions
2) Educators of the higher education institutions of business, economy and finance fiels
The project will support “EU Digital Skills & Jobs” policy, Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027) and by including topics of CE in the E-learning, it will help to forward EU to its set objective in “Green Deal” to be the first continent, that becomes environmentally neutral by year 2050.
The project will put high emphasis on exploitation of project results, that is, all communication and dissemination activities will be targeted to increase the number of interested persons and organisation in usage of the developed DiGiTOOL and DiGiMENTOR. Planned multiplier events and training activity thus are targeted to target groups – educators of HEI and its students.